We take your privacy very seriously and we are committed to protecting it. We believe that you should easily know what personal data we collect and use, as well as to understand your rights in respect of your personal data.
TheCovetedLuxury International and TheCovetedLuxury of Paris, Inc. are companies of TheCovetedLuxury group. TheCovetedLuxury International is the parent company of TheCovetedLuxury group. For further details on TheCovetedLuxury group, please visit http://thecovetedluxury.com.
You can find our contact details in section “How to contact us?” below.
Personal data is information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. For example, it may include an individual’s name, address and gender.
We may collect personal data either directly from you (for example when you purchase a product in a store) or indirectly (for example from your electronic devices that interact with our websites, electronic forms or mobile applications (“Digital Platforms”)).
3.1. Information you provide directly to us
You may provide us with information:
- When you create an account online or in our stores;
- When you subscribe to our newsletter;
- When you use our Digital Platforms;
- When you purchase products or services on our Digital Platforms or in our stores;
- When you visit our stores;
- When you participate in one of our events.
Depending on what you provide us with, such information may include:
- Your identity (including your first name, last name, gender, image);
- Your contact details (including your postal address, email address, phone numbers);
- Your personal status (including your title);
- Your purchases and repairs (including purchase history, order details);
- Your preferences (including your size);
- Certain payment information (including billing information, payment type or method, charge or credit card number);
- Other information you may provide by filling forms or by contacting us (including your feedbacks, or other communications with us).
We will inform you when your information is required in order to process your request, to respond to your queries or to provide you with our products and services. If you do not provide this information, then it may delay or prevent us from processing your request, responding to your query and providing products or services to you.
We hope to ensure that the personal data we possess are accurate at all times and therefore we encourage you to update your information in case any changes have occurred. We also may ask you to update your information from time to time.
We recommend that you only provide the data requested or necessary for your query, with the exception of any sensitive information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, data concerning health, sex life or sexual orientation.
We remind you that we do not provide our services or products directly to, nor collect personal data of, persons below the age of 18. Therefore, we ask you not to provide us with personal data of persons under 18 years of age.
3.2. Information indirectly collected
We may also collect information about you from third parties, such as a spouse who contacts us on your behalf or from your friends who provide us with your information in order to invite you to events you may be interested in.
3.3. Facebook Pixel
Facebook Pixel: A tracking code is installed on all pages of this Website to collect or receive information from the Websites and elsewhere on the internet and use that information to (a) create custom audiences for ad, (b) measure conversion rates for that audience as activity on the Website and (c) use this information to target people on Facebook with relevant ads. The information shared with Facebook will be used in accordance with Facebook’s Data Policy under Facebook’s responsibility. At any time, you can opt out of installing Facebook Pixel by visiting the YourAdChoices or the Facebook Advert Preferences Page.
ContentSquare is a solution that aggregates traffic and usage data to improve the user experience. The statistics produced are anonymous.
We collect and use your personal data based on one or many of the following legal basis:
- we have obtained your prior consent (for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter). Please note that for this specific legal basis, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (see below “What rights do you have on your personal data?”);
- the processing is necessary in connection with any contract between TheCovetedLuxury and you (for example, when you make a purchase);
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing and that legitimate interest is not overridden by your interests, fundamental rights, or freedoms (for example, to prevent payment fraud);
- we have to process your personal data to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Depending on the context, we may use your personal data in order to:
- provide you with the products or services you requested;
- conduct checks to identify you and verify your identity;
- send you marketing communications - with your prior consent (see section “Marketing Communications”);
- provide you after-sale services;
- respond to your queries, requests and suggestions;
- manage the events you registered and/or participated in;
- detect any fraudulent or illegal activity, including to secure your transactions by detecting and preventing fraud against you and TheCovetedLuxury;
- protect you, employees and other individuals in our stores as well as our property;
- manage the stock of certain types of rare products to allow a fair allocation of the products we sell;
- monitor and improve our Digital Platforms;
- conduct statistical analysis;
- improve our products and services;
- provide information to regulatory bodies when legally required.
With your express prior consent(usually obtained by ticking a specific box in a form), you may receive information concerning offers, services, products or events sent by TheCovetedLuxury and/or by other TheCovetedLuxury group companies. In such a case, you also accept that your contact information is shared with other TheCovetedLuxury group companies for this purpose. Please visit http://www.thecovetedluxury.comfor details about companies of TheCovetedLuxury group.
We rely on your consent to process the personal data you provide to us for this purpose. Therefore, if you no longer wish to receive such information, you can withdraw your consent at any time (see below “What rights do you have on your personal data?”).
We may ask you to confirm or update your marketing preferences if you instruct us to provide further products and/or services in the future, or if there are changes in the law, regulation, or the structure of our business.
Your personal data are processed for the period necessary for the purposes for which they have been collected, to comply with legal and regulatory obligations and for the duration of any period necessary to establish, exercise or defend any legal rights.
In order to determine the most appropriate retention periods for your personal data, we have specifically considered the amount, nature and sensitivity of your personal data, the reasons for which we collected your personal data, the service you deserve and expect from us together with the applicable legal requirements. For example:
- With regard to our prospects (potential customers): your data is stored for three years from your last action and then deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations;
- With regard to our customers: your data is stored for the duration of our commercial relationship and for up to ten years and then deleted or archived to comply with legal retention obligations;
- With regard to the cookies used on Digital Platforms: they are stored for up to 13 months from the moment they were installed on your device.
We may disclose your personal data only to the parties indicated below and for the following reasons:
- We disclose your personal data to TheCovetedLuxury employees that need to have access to your personal data and are authorized to process them in order to achieve the aforementioned purposes and who are committed to confidentiality.
For the specific purpose of combating payment fraud, your personal data are communicated to TheCovetedLuxury Sellier in order to process your order and to fight against online payment methods fraud attempts. As part of our legitimate interest to fight against fraud with payment methods, TheCovetedLuxury Sellier, acting as data controller, can transmit your financial information to an external service provider with a fraud detection tool in order to authenticate a payment. Such service provider is committed to confidentiality.
The TheCovetedLuxury group companies are located worldwide. As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the country where you are located. This includes transfers to countries outside the European Union (“EU”) and to countries that do not have laws that provide adequate protection for personal data according to the European Commission.
To ensure lawful transfers of data, the TheCovetedLuxury group has implemented Binding Corporate Rules (“BCRs”) designed to allow TheCovetedLuxury group companies to transfer personal data from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to other TheCovetedLuxury group companies located outside of the EEA in compliance with the European data protection law. These BCRs have been approved by the European data protection authorities. For countries where BCRs are not fully recognized as adequate mechanism, transfers are made on the basis of appropriate contractual clauses approved by the data protection authorities. To obtain a copy of the relevant adequate safeguards, you can send us your request (see below “How to contact us?”). Please visit https://www.thecovetedluxury.com for more details about companies of TheCovetedLuxury group. We may also disclose personal data to third-party providers acting on behalf of TheCovetedLuxury and approved by TheCovetedLuxury. All such processing is based on our prior instructions set out in a binding contract that is compliant with the requirements of applicable law. Such disclosures are made for different purposes including:
IT development and support;
Hosting and carrying out marketing and business studies and marketing campaigns;
Verifying your information, authenticating payments and processing orders and payments, to third parties that provide credit reporting, payment or order fulfilment services;
These providers are committed to confidentiality and are not permitted to use your personal data for any other purposes. We also require them to use appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
Part of those service providers are located outside of your country, notably outside the EU. We have taken steps to ensure all personal data is provided with adequate protection and that all transfers of personal data, including outside the EU are done lawfully. Where we transfer personal data outside of the EU to a country not determined by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data, the transfers will be under an agreement which covers the EU requirements for the transfer of personal data outside the EU, such as the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses, or under other appropriate safeguards, as the EU/US Privacy Shield for transfers to the United States of America. To obtain a copy of the relevant adequate safeguards, you can send us your request using the details in Section “How to contact us?” below.
- We may be required by the binding requirements of an applicable law, or for the purposes of responding to legal proceedings or other lawful requests to disclose your personal data to authorities or third parties.
- We may also disclose or otherwise process your personal data, in accordance with applicable law, to defend our legitimate interests (for example, in civil or criminal legal proceedings). For example, we may disclose such personal data as necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against a person or entity who may be violating our Terms and Conditions of Sale and Use, or who may be causing injury to, or interfering with, other users of our Digital Platforms.
- In the event that TheCovetedLuxury or TheCovetedLuxury group companies, or all or part of its or their assets, are acquired by a third party, your personal data may be included in the transferred assets.
All your personal data is strictly confidential and will only be accessible, on a need-to-know basis, to duly authorized personnel of TheCovetedLuxury and other entities of the TheCovetedLuxury Group and third providers acting on our behalf with appropriate technical and organizational security safeguards.
The TheCovetedLuxury group has implemented security measures to protect your personal data against unauthorized access and use. We follow appropriate security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your personal data so as to prevent unauthorized access by third parties and to prevent your data being accidentally lost. We limit those who access your personal data to those who have a genuine business need to access it. Those who do access your data will be subject to a duty of confidentiality towards TheCovetedLuxury.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
We also require those parties to whom we transfer your personal data to comply with the same. However, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, we cannot ensure the security of your personal data transmitted by you to us via the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk and you acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible for any unauthorized use, distribution, damage or destruction of Your Information, except to the extent we are required to accept such responsibility under the law. Once we have received your personal data, we will use the security measures abovementioned.
In accordance with the applicable data protection laws, you can, at any time, request access, rectification, erasure and portability of your personal data or restrict and object to the processing of your personal data. A summary of these rights is provided below:
Your right of access: the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data.
Your right to rectification: the right to require us to correct any mistakes in your data or to complete your information.
Your right to be forgotten: the right to require us to delete your personal data — in certain situations.
Your right to restriction of processing: the right to require us to restrict processing of your personal data — in certain circumstances, for example if you contest the accuracy of the data.
Your right to data portability: the right to receive the personal information you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and/or transmit that data to a third party — in certain situations.
Your right to object to processing: the right to object:
— at any time to your personal data being processed for direct marketing;
— in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information, eg processing carried out for the purpose of our legitimate interests.
You may at any time decide to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data. If your consent is withdrawn, it does not prevent us from processing your personal data based on other legal bases if any, such as fulfilling your orders and storing your order data as required by applicable law.
If you no longer wish to receive our marketing/promotional information, we remind you that you may withdraw your consent to direct marketing at any time directly from the unsubscribe link included in each electronic marketing message we send to you. If you do so, we will promptly update our databases, and will take all reasonable steps to meet your request at the earliest possible opportunity, but we may continue to contact you to the extent necessary for the purposes of any products or services you have requested.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority in case of alleged infringement of the data protection rules applicable to you.
To exercise any of those rights, please contact us using the contact information below (see “How to contact us”).
Please note that upon exercising any of the rights listed above, you will be requested to let us know what right you want to exercise and provide information (copy of an identity card, passport or other legally recognized identity) for identification purposes in order to process your request and protect you against fraudulent requests from third parties.
[For Nevada Residents] What are your rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A? If you are a Nevada resident, in addition to the rights set forth above, you have the right to request that we do not make any sale of your covered information that we may have collected from you (or may collect from you in the future). We do not sell your covered information, as those terms are defined in N.R.S. 603A. Nonetheless, if you wish to make such a request, submit it to our designated email address below in the “How to Contact Us” section. Please allow up to 60 days for a response. Opting out of these sales will not cease marketing communications from TheCovetedLuxury. To opt out of marketing communications, see “Marketing Communications” above.
[For California Residents] What are your rights under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84? California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84 give California residents the right to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal customer information we share with third parties or corporate affiliates for their direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories of information shared and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and address. If you are California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: TheCovetedLuxury@gmail.com.
The California Consumer Act Privacy Notice (“CCPA Notice”) applies to California Consumers”as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). You can read the complete text of the CCPA Notice by clicking here.
- Cookies strictly necessary for the website to function These cookies allow you to use the main features of the TheCovetedLuxury.com website, such as storing your product selection in your basket. These cookies make browsing easier and are required to make online purchases.
- Third-party cookies These are particularly statistical analysis cookies that collect information about navigation on our website, thereby enabling us to improve your user experience and tailor the services to your preferences. There are also advertising cookies that aim to personalise and/or improve the content and browsing experience by providing you with interest-based services on other websites. All of the information collected is anonymous. You can edit your preferences at any time by going to the "Managing your cookie preferences" section.